Your safety is our highest priority
Updatet january 11th, 2022
We take infection control very seriously, and do our utmost to ensure that it is safe to visit and stay with us. Gamlebyen Hotell Fredrikstad follows the authorities’ recommendations for infection control against Covid-19..
For you as a guest, this means that we:
- Practice good hand hygiene with frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers and rubbing alcohol.
- Regularly clean common areas and contact surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Keep at least 1 meter disctance from eachother
- Inform you about infection control measures verbally and through information posters and labeling.
- Stay home if we are feeling ill.
Routines and measures for infection control at Gamlebyen Hotell
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of contact surfaces in reception and toilets.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of contact surfaces in conference rooms and the breakfast room.
- Hand sanitizer available in all common areas.
- Thorough cleaning with extra focus on contact surfaces that are frequently used, such as. handles, light switches, sinks, hair dryers and remote controls, etc.
- Buffet breakfast is served. Breakfast is served on weekdays from 06.30-09.30 and Saturday & Sunday from 08.00-10.30.
Conferences & meetings:
- Contact surfaces such as tables and chairs as well as other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each conference
- Tables / chairs must be spaced at least 1 meter apart.
- Exposed areas and surfaces are wiped regularly during the conference. We are extra careful with e.g. technical equipment, coffee machines, door handles or other contact surfaces that are frequently used.
If a situation arises where it is suspected that a guest or employee has been infected with COVID-19, we follow the health authorities’ instructions.
Unfortunately, we do not refund prepaid bookings, or issue no vouchers as a result of canceled events or arrangements, and instead ask you to contact your insurance company in such cases.
Free rebooking does not apply to group bookings.
How to rebook:
How to cancel:
- If you have received a booking confirmation by e-mail, you will find a link directly to cancellation.
- If you have booked directly via email or phone, you can send us an email or call
- If you have booked a room through another provider, such as Hotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, their cancellation policy applies.
This page is updated when there is new information about advice or guidelines from relevant health authorities.